Hargrave is one of the top custom yacht builders, specializing in yachts in the 80- to 150-foot range. And at Hargrave, custom is the name of the game – yachts are built and designed to buyer specifications.
The manufacturer has a long history in yachting design. From 1957 to 1997, Hargrave stuck strictly to yacht design, working with companies like Hatteras, Burger, Amels and Atlantic & Halmatic. In 1997, Hargrave began its custom yacht building program, establishing itself as a leader in the manufacture of premium superyachts.
To date, Hargrave has launched more than 50 superyachts, and the Fort Lauderdale-based company typically has 12-15 yachts under construction at any given time. Some of the manufacturer’s top designs include raised-pilothouse and tri-deck megayachts, with opulent interiors and classic, streamlined profiles.
Hargrave Custom Yachts History
Hargrave was founded in 1957 by legendary yacht designer Jack Hargrave. The founder lent his design expertise to a number of top yacht builders, helping top names like Hatteras develop successful production yachts.
Yet, in 1997, Hargrave Custom Yachts began constructing custom, built-to-order vessels, and has quickly – over the last 20 years – become a top yacht builder in the U.S. the last 20 years, Today, Hargrave is one of the most recognized brands in the custom design/build niche.
Hargrave specializes in luxury superyachts, including successful 98-, 100- and 108-foot motor yachts, and the firm continually partners with top interior designers like Shelley DiCondina to deliver the most opulently styled vessels on the market.
Top Charter Yachts from Hargrave Custom Yachts
Hargrave produces custom yachts for its clients. A few signature yachts include:
- Beachfront – Originally built in 2006 and refitted in 2014, Beachfront is a 108-foot yacht from Hargrave. The raised pilothouse design with open flybridge has a striking appearance with its classic lines. And her interior is built for entertaining, with a spacious, open-plan salon and five lavishly appointed staterooms.
- Tigers Eye – Featuring sporty lines, a skylounge and contemporary interiors, Tigers Eye is a relaxing ocean-faring oasis, perfect for intimate groups. The 98-foot yacht, built in 2007, was custom designed by Hargrave, and features an wrap-around deck and incredible sightlines.
- Renaissance – Launched in 2016, the 116-foot yacht Renaissance is the ideal ship for entertaining groups of guests. Featuring a spacious sundeck, contemporary salon, and accommodations for up to 10 guests, this superyacht is perfect for Bahamas or New England cruising.
Key Features of Hargrave Custom Yachts
Hargrave Custom Yachts has earned a reputation for its impeccably designed interiors, premium performance, and all-around good looks. In particular, a few signatures of Hargrave Custom Yachts include:
- Ideal Interiors: Having partnerships with Interiors by Shelley, Hargrave continually produces some of the most beautiful and comfortable interiors in yachting. Hargrave Yachts feature premium finishes, high-end furnishings, and spacious layouts – making its yachts perfect for relaxing or entertaining.
- Custom Builds: All Hargrave yachts are built and designed to order – no two Hargrave yachts are exactly alike. This offers yacht charter guests a truly one-of-a-kind crusing experience.
- Great Performance: Hargrave utilizes the best of the best in nautical engineering to slice through the waves. All of the company’s yachts are designed to cruise at 20 knots in up to 10-foot waves, and utilize high-end technology like Naiad stabilizers to deliver a smooth-as-butter ride.