Broward Marine Yachts for Charter
Broward Marine is one of the top custom yacht builders, delivering the perfect match of comfort and performance
Known for its megayachts of 100+ feet, Broward Marine Yachts deliver the best in comfort and spaciousness, as well as signature, tri-diesel power. The result is the perfect match of comfort and performance.
During its 70-year history, Broward has been recognized for its superyachts, becoming a favorite designer/builder of luxury motoryachts. Another signature: Broward delivers incredible performance on vessels over 100 feet. Thanks to their tri-diesel motor design – an innovation Broward pioneered – the company’s yachts can reach remarkable top speeds. The 112’ Britannia, for example, moves at a top speed of 43 knots.
Today, Broward operates a shipyard in South Florida, focusing on repairs and refits. And has produced a few custom yachts since 2000. Yet, many refitted Broward yachts produced in the 1990s and early 2000s remain available for charter, offering the idyllic yachting experiences.
A Quick Look at Broward Marine’s Unique History
For nearly 70 years, Broward has been building boats in Michigan and Fort Lauderdale, the yachting mecca. Originally, the company’s founder Frank Denison serviced and repaired boats, before the company built its first custom yacht in 1953.
Throughout the 1940s and 1950s, Broward constructed a number of military vessels for the U.S. Navy, including the USS Meadowlark, a 144-foot minesweeper. But after the Korean War, Broward Marine began to focus on custom luxury motor yachts.
During its history, Broward Marine has been a pioneer in yacht construction, introducing a number of innovations that are common in the industry today. For example, in the 1980s, Broward Marine was one of the first builders to introduce the “country kitchen” galley, as well as a first to utilize diesel motors and aluminum construction. Over the years, Broward Marine has launched a number of notable yachts, including the 130-foot PEGASUS and the 156-foot BUBBA TOO in 1996.
Notable Broward Marine Yachts Available for Charter
Broward Marine is certainly a leader in the industry, and they were known for custom designs featuring raised pilothouse and tri-deck yachts. Some of the most popular available for charter are:
- Breakaway – A 106-footer built in 1997, and recently refit in 2017, Breakaway is a prime example of Broward’s raised pilothouse motor yachts. With stately lines, and spacious interiors – including accommodations for up to 9 guests – Breakaway is well-suited for entertaining, with plenty of room for relaxing.
- Kelly Anne – Another raised pilothouse yacht, Kelly Anne measures 110 feet, and her open design provides plenty of deck and interior space to relax and entertain. The Bahamas-based yacht offers accommodations for up to 10 guests and boasts spacious aft deck and foredeck spaces.
- DOA – Measuring 121 feet, motor yacht DOA was delivered by Broward Marine in 1990 (and underwent a refit in 2010). The sprawling megayacht offers an abundance of space for entertaining and relaxing, including a contemporary salon, impressive staterooms and an well-appointed deck space.
Broward Marine Signature Features
Broward Marine was one of the most prominent yacht builders in the 1980s and 1990s, delivering 200+ yachts. And the company’s megayachts feature a number of common signatures, including:
- Country Kitchens – Broward remade what a galley could be. Broward Marine yachts tend to feature large, spacious “country kitchen” galleys – with premium appliances and plenty of counter space.
- Spaciousness – Broward Marine’s yachts were built for comfort, offering open floor and deck plans, which provided large open spaces for entertaining and relaxing.
- Performance – Broward yachts are designed for maximum performance. The company was a first to utilize diesel motors and has since become a leader in diesel motor configuration. The result is high-speed, comfortable cruising on its megayachts.