Super Bowl LVI Yacht Charters: Enjoy the Super Bowl in Style
Although the NFL season is just about to kick off, it’s never too early to start thinking about your Super Bowl travel plans. This year, Super Bowl LVI will be held on February 13, 2022, in Los Angeles, CA, and ticket packages are already selling.
The Super Bowl is back in Los Angeles for the first time in 30 years! The last was LA Super Bowl was XXVII – in which the Dallas Cowboys defeated the Buffalo Bills. This year, the game will be played at brand-new SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA – home to the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers.
Thinking about travel plans? A luxury yacht charter offers the ultimate in Super Bowl accommodations. This year’s Super Bowl location is near two of Southern California’s top luxury charter hubs – Marina del Rey and Newport Beach – offering guests a premium place to enjoy the Big Game.
Interested in chartering a yacht for Super Bowl LVI? We’ve got all the insights into what to do, where to go, and how to enjoy your Super Bowl charter.
Why Charter a Yacht for the Super Bowl?
Super Bowl yacht charters are the most luxurious travel experience. You get to avoid crowded hotels, enjoy excellent chef-prepared food and 5-star service, and you’ll be smack dab in the middle of Southern California’s splendid coastline, just a short drive to SoFi Stadium, home of Super Bowl LVI.
One option: Use a private charter yacht as your home base for the big game. You’ll be able to avoid crowded hotels and Los Angeles’s infamous traffic. Plus, there are many other things you can do onboard, including:
- Host a Pre- or Post-Game Party – Enjoy an afternoon cruise, while entertaining guests before the game. It’s an incredible way to cheer on your favorite team and entertain guests.
- Host Guests Aboard During Super Bowl Week – Host clients, friends or family during the week of the Super Bowl. There isn’t a better venue to wow clients than aboard a luxury yacht.
- Stay on Board During the Week – Los Angeles’s luxury hotels will book up during the Super Bowl. A luxury charter yacht ensures you have a quiet, private place to stay. Marina del Rey is just a 20-minute drive to SoFi Stadium, and you’ll be near desirable locations like Venice, Newport Beach and Catalina Island.
Can’t-Miss Events During Super Bowl LVI Week
Los Angeles will transform into Super Bowl, USA in mid-February, and throughout the week, you’ll find tons of amazing fan experiences all around the city. A few of the best include:
- NFL Fan Experience – This interactive fan event, typically held the Saturday before the Super Bowl, is a celebration of American football. Pick up official Super Bowl gear, play interactive games, meet your favorite past and present players and much more. This event is a party, and you won’t want to miss it!
- Players Tailgate at the Super Bowl – This year’s event will be hosted at the Hollywood Park Casino. It’s one of the best pre-game experiences, and this year, 50 active NFL players will join celebrities and guests to enjoy the best food and drink prepared by celebrity chefs and mixologists. If you’re a foodie, this is the place to be!
What to See and Do on a Southern California Yacht Charter
If you want to escape the Super Bowl crowds, there’s plenty of exploring to do. Marina del Rey and Long Beach are located near some of the best cruising grounds in all of California. Here are some must-see attractions during your stay:
- Catalina Island – Catalina is a short cruise from Marina del Rey, and it offers visitors a world of possibilities. This famed destination is home a marine park, great for snorkeling or diving, as well as hiking, luxury shopping, spas and more.
- Channel Islands National Park – Escape the crowds and buzz in LA, and explore the serene Channel Islands. These eight islands, just off the coast of Southern California are prized charter destinations. Hike, enjoy the sea breezes, dive or snorkel. There’s plenty to do.
- Malibu – Tour the elite vineyards in Malibu, like Malibu Rocky Oaks. You’ll also find 27 miles of stunning coastline to explore; all the beaches here are worth of visit. Surfrider Beach is a favorite, as is Paradise Cove, which is known for its massive sandstone cliffs.
- Santa Barbara – Breathtaking Santa Barbara is just a short cruise from LA, and it offers visitors plenty to do. Scuba diving, whale watching, jetskiing and more.
- Newport Beach – Newport Beach Harbor is the largest recreational harbor on the West Coast, and it’s a stone’s throw from beautiful anchorages. Explore nearby Emerald Bay, enjoy waterfront dining, or explore the Channel Islands.
Let us help you plan your Super Bowl charter experience. We’re currently booking Super Bowl LVI yacht charter packages now. Contact a charter broker at Worldwide Boat today to learn more.