A couples sailing charter might be the most romantic getaway for a honeymoon. On a yacht charter, the newlyweds get to enjoy privacy and relaxation in some of the most beautiful destinations in the world.
But where should you go on a honeymoon yacht charter? And why might you consider a yacht charter for your honeymoon?
The Caribbean and Mediterranean offer some of the best cruising grounds in the world, and there are numerous romantic spots that are perfect for a honeymoon getaway. From the Exumas in the Bahamas, to the Amalfi Coast in Italy, a yacht charter allows honeymooners to escape and experience these destinations in true privacy.
Beyond the beauty of the destinations, there are numerous reasons to consider a couples sailing vacation after your wedding. Privacy, service, comfort – you name it – a yacht charter offers the best of the best.
Are you considering a honeymoon yacht charter of your own? Here’s a quick overview of the best destinations in the Caribbean and Mediterranean and what to expect on your couples sailing vacation.
Where to Go: Caribbean Sailing Honeymoons
The Caribbean is home to some of the world’s most romantic destinations and breath-taking landscapes in the world. Imagine escaping to a quiet white-sand beach somewhere in the Caribbean, where you and your spouse can spend the afternoon relaxing in the waters (all to yourself). That’s a daily occurrence in the Caribbean.
Not to mention, there are sailing destinations with something for everyone. From the high-luxury of St. Martin, home to chic designer shops and Michelin-starred restaurants, to the laid-back vibe of the Exumas, a couples sailing vacation in the Caribbean offers a one-of-a-kind romantic getaway.
- St. Martin – St. Martin has long been a favorite Caribbean yacht charter destination, and it’s absolutely perfect for honeymooners. The Dutch/French island offers plenty for honeymooners to do and explore – from relaxing beach days at some of the Caribbean’s best beaches, to snorkeling, hiking, and world-class spa experiences, St. Martin offers the best in Caribbean luxury yachting.
- BVI – The British Virgin Islands is the perfect couples sailing destination. The islands – there are more than 25 in total – are rife with relaxing, private and romantic ways to spend your days. You’ll find exclusive beaches, out-of-this-world spas, snorkeling, kayaking and kite-surfing. Plus, the BVI are a favorite sailing destination, with steady trade winds and calm waters.
- Exumas – The Bahamas, of course, are a popular honeymoon destination, but a yacht charter in the Bahamas’ Exumas chain of islands offers something extra-special. The Exumas offer serenity, as they’re located away from the bustle, and here you’ll find a laid-back vibe that’s perfect for relaxing after a big wedding.
- Grenadines – St. Vincent and the Grenadines have been gaining in popularity in recent years as a charter destination, and a honeymoon charter in the Grenadines offers an action-packed itinerary for guests. Here, you’ll find the best snorkeling and diving in all of the Caribbean, including a underwater sculpture garden to explore. Plus, there are plenty of pristine beaches, jungle trails, and spas and natural springs for relaxing.
Where to Go: Mediterranean Sailing Honeymoons
Romance is in the air all over the Mediterranean. From the cafes and cobble-stoned streets of Cannes and the South of France, to the stunning natural landscapes of Sardinia, a couples sailing vacation in the Mediterranean provides a chance to escape and explore the Old World.
Which destinations are best for honeymooners? Although the Mediterranean is home to some of the world’s most stunning yacht charter destinations, these are the best for newlyweds:
- Amalfi Coast – It’s hard to pick just one sailing destination in Italy; Italy’s ports and cruising grounds are all so unique and beautiful. Yet, for honeymooners, a charter on the Amalfi Coast offers it all: Relaxation, beauty, plenty of sights, and a decidedly romantic vibe. You won’t have a want for things to do. Amalfi is great for seaside hikes, incredible food, spa treatments, wine tastings, and of course, incredible sailing.
- Croatia – The dramatic landscapes of Croatia’s coastline, which butts up to the Dalmatian Mountains, will take your breath away. Yet, the coast’s numerous Old World villages and towns, like the walled city of Dubrovnik and the seaside Split, make Croatia a lover’s destination. This is perfect for a quiet, relaxing and decidedly unique honeymoon.
- South of France – The Cote d’Azur might just be the most romantic destination in all of Europe. For hundreds of years, lovers have flocked to the South of France to vacation and enjoy the good things in life. Honeymooners will find it all in the South of France: History, incredible food and wine, beautiful beaches, inspiring landscapes, and plenty of luxury spas, resorts and shops to explore.
- Greek Isles – Yacht charters in Greece provide a senses-awaking experience; Incredible natural beauty, awe-inspiring architecture, and to-die-for food and wine are in every port of call. That’s why it’s such a popular yachting destination. Honeymooners will find tons of incredible opportunities to explore, relax and enjoy in Greece, and they can pick from three island chains: the Cyclades, Saronic and Ionian. Corfu, in the Ionian Islands, is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations.
- Sardinia – Sardinia is home to some of the most stunning landscapes in all of Europe, with breathtaking mountains, sheer cliffs and aqua-marine coves around every corner. For honeymooners, the island is a sailing paradise. Sardinia offers incredible Old World ports for exploring, wine tastings, and hikes, as well as some of the best beaches in the Med.
Sailing Vacations for Couples: Why Honeymoon on a Yacht?
Honeymooners have numerous options when it comes to planning their trip. Yet, a couples sailing vacation might be the most unique, fun, and relaxing trip honeymooners can take.
For one, luxury crewed yacht charters provide the best in hospitality. The crew is at your beck and call to ensure every detail of your vacation is perfect, from the food, to your itinerary. Your captain is committed to delivering you a truly unique experience. And you have access to some of the most untouched and unique destinations in all of the world. Need more reasons? Here are some of the top reasons couples consider yacht charters:
- Chef-Prepared Meals – On a yacht charter, all of your meals are prepared by a chef, as per your preferences. Many charter guests say the food alone is well-worth the experience.
- One-of-a-Kind Adventure – Sailing vacations allow you to travel to unique and untouched landscapes, ports, atolls and islands. Your itinerary is designed based on what you want to see. In other words, no two yacht charters are alike. That means you can plan a vacation that takes you to all the sites, beaches and ports you want to see.
- Privacy – On a yacht, you get the ultimate in privacy. You can take in a new city each day but retire your yacht in the afternoon away from the bustle. During the days, the crew will be on standby to provide service, but crews have a keen sense of when you’d like your privacy. That means you get plenty of time to enjoy each other’s company.
- Comfort, Luxury – Charter yachts offer supreme luxury, from spacious salons and master staterooms, to incredible onboard amenities like Jacuzzis and water toys. Plus, technology like stabilization systems ensure a smooth journey. And the service is 5-star and impeccable.
If you’re new to sailing, a catamaran might offer the best experience for your honeymoon charter. These two-hull ships offer a few advantages over monohull sailboats, including more space, a more stable journey, and the ability to travel to shallower coves and bays.
For honeymooners, a catamaran vacation offers the best of the best in sailing. A few advantages include:
- Spaciousness – Catamarans have dual hulls, and that means more privacy for guests. Couples can enjoy a stateroom all to themselves, away from other guests and crew. Additionally, catamarans typically have more space above and below deck for guests to spread out and relax.
- Smooth Sailing – The two-hull design maximizes stability. For guests, that means a smoother journey, which is perfect for couples who are nervous about seasickness.
- Mobility – Catamarans are nimbler and faster. That means you can explore shallower terrain on your trip, great in both the Caribbean and Mediterranean. Plus, you can cover more ground and stop in more ports during your trip.
Book a Yacht Charter for Your Honeymoon
A honeymoon yacht charter will be an experience you will remember for a lifetime. They’re romantic (imagine taking in the sunset together at sea), they’re comfort, and they’re completely unique. Are you considering a honeymoon yacht charter?
Worldwide Boat’s team of brokers is here to help you plan the honeymoon of a lifetime. Our team can help you scout the best boats, plan a truly memorable itinerary and ensure all the details are taken care of. Contact your broker with Worldwide Boat today to learn more about our couples sailing vacation options.Go Back to the Blog