The Australian Open returns to SC Melbourne Park in January 2022, and the two-week Grand Slam tournament kicks off the tennis season. Now in its 108th year, the annual tennis tournament draws spectators from around the world.
There are numerous accommodation options for Australian Open travelers, but one of the most luxurious is a superyacht charter.
Private yacht charters for the Australian Open offer guests numerous benefits: From avoiding crowded hotels and booked out rentals, to chef-prepared meals and ultimate privacy. Not to mention, charter guests explore Melbourne’s many yachting hotspots, when they’re not catching all the exciting tennis action.
Planning a visit to the 2022 Australian Open? Here’s everything you need to know about Melbourne yacht charters and what you can do during your trip.
When Is the 2022 Australian Open?
The Australian Open is held each year at the end of January. The dates for next year’s tournament are January 17-30, 2022. Matches are held at SC Melbourne Park, and the tournament will draw the biggest names in professional tennis, including Venus Williams, Novak Djokovic, and Roger Federer. This is one of just four Grand Slam tournaments each year, including the French Open, Wimbledon, and the U.S. Open.
The annual tournament never fails to draw a large crowd. In 2019, nearly 800,000 people attended the two-week tournament. In other words, it’s best to book travel accommodations early.
Australian Open at a Glance:
When: Jan. 17-30, 2022
Where: SC Melbourne Park
Who: Top tennis profs from around the world
Yacht Charters for the Australian Open 2022
Melbourne – Australia’s second-largest city – hosts the tournament each year, and is located southeast of Sydney. The cosmopolitan city is one of the country’s top yachting destinations, thanks to its bustling nightlife scene, watersports amenities, and dazzling beaches. When you’re not catching the action Rod Laver and Margaret Court arenas, here’s a sample of things you can expect to do:
- Nightlife – Melbourne has a legendary nightlife scene, with plenty of rooftop bars, clubs, and concerts to enjoy. You’ll find plenty of bars and clubs along Brunswick or Fitzroy streets. The city is also known for its New Year’s Eve parties – some of the best in Australia.
- Watersports/Surfing – Australia, of course, has a reputation for its incredible breaks, and in Melbourne, you’ll find plenty of surf spots to explore. Torquay, just outside of Port Phillip Bay, is a popular surf spot. Yet, Port Phillip Bay is great for windsurfing, standup paddleboarding, kayaking, and more, as well.
- Beach Hopping – There are dozens of amazing beaches just a short cruise from Melbourne. Be sure to plan a few beach days during your Australian Open yacht charter. Some of the best include Half Moon Bay, Sorrento Front Beach, and Brighton Beach (known for its colorful bathing shacks).
- Arts & Culture – Melbourne is a vibrant cultural city, and you’ll find plenty to do. Check out the Forum Melbourne for live performances right in the city center, and the Arts Centre is another performing arts powerhouse. There are also plenty of museums and historical spots like the Old Melbourne Gaol to explore.
- Food & Drink – A decidedly foodie-friendly city, Melbourne offers the best of the best in food and drink. From local dives serving great seafood to Michelin-starred restaurants, some of the best include The Hardware Club and Flower Drum, a top-rated Cantonese restaurant.
Book Your Australian Open 2022 Yacht Charter
A luxury yacht charter in Australia offers the best of the best in accommodation. The city’s most prestigious marinas, including Melbourne City Marina and Yarra’s Edge Marina, are both within a short transfer to Melbourne Park, putting guests right in the middle of the action. In addition, yacht charter guests can:
- Host Australian Open Parties – Host a cocktail party for your guests before or after the day’s top matches.
- Australian Open Watch Parties – Cheer on your favorite tennis pros at a yacht party and host clients, friends, and family. You’ll have unparalleled access to all the Australian Open parties and facilities.
- Cruise Port Phillip Bay – Spend a day away from the tournament and explore Port Phillip’s sleepy beach towns, sandy beaches, and more.
Book your Australian Open yacht charter today with Worldwide Boat. Contact your preferred charter broker to learn more about our Australian Open packages and yacht charters in Australia.