Few luxury vacation options compare to chartering a mega yacht. These floating palaces – which typically measure 150 feet or more from bow to stern – provide a private 5-star experience unlike any other.
Many mega yachts have accommodations for up to 12 guests, and while on charter, every detail of your holiday is customizable. You choose what destinations to see, the menus, and activities. And while onboard, the crew and captain are at your service, to ensure you receive a top-notch yachting experience throughout your stay. Another added benefit: You’ll have access to a wide range of amazing amenities on board. Many yachts include options like:
- Spa & wellness centers
- Massage rooms & saunas
- Water toys, including skibobs, waterslides, jet skis, and tenders
- Deck cinemas
- Helicopter decks
The bottom line, chartering a mega yacht offers you the chance to explore some of the world’s most revered destinations in true luxury.
Where Can I Charter a Mega Yacht?
Mega yacht charters are available in some of the world’s most popular sailing destinations. From the glitz and glamour of the French Riviera, to the tropical ports of the Bahamas, these are some of the key yachting destinations around the world:
- The Bahamas – White-sand beaches, warm aquamarine waters, and laid-back island vibes make The Bahamas a popular wintertime charter destination.
- The Caribbean – From the chic beach clubs of St. Martin to the world-class scuba diving of St. Vincent & the Grenadines, the Caribbean offers a wide range of incredible cruising experiences.
- The United States – Mega yachting hubs in the U.S. – particularly New England, Alaska, and Florida – are ideal for summer chartering, and provide a chance to explore rugged coasts, historic ports, and beautiful islands.
- Spain and the Balearic Islands – Spain’s prime chartering grounds encompass the sun-soaked Balearic Islands, which include bustling Ibiza and laid-back Mallorca.
- Italy & the Amalfi Coast – Italy is home to some of Europe’s favorite yachting destinations, including Sicily, the Italian Riviera, and the cliffside villages of the Amalfi Coast.
- French Riviera – The Cote d’Azur is a playground for A-listers and jet setters; from the cobbled streets of Cannes and the glimmering beach clubs of St. Tropez to the high-roller casinos of Monaco, there’s much to do and explore.
- Corsica & Sardinia – Located just off the French Riviera, these two neighboring islands – one Italian and one French – are home to incredible beaches, excellent cuisine, and stunning natural landscapes.
- Greece – The Greek Isles offer the best-of-the-best in European yachting: Sun-soaked beaches, excellent food and drink, inspiring history, and cosmopolitan amenities.
- Turkey – Neighboring Greece, Turkey is the ultimate East Meets West destination: Middle Eastern-inspired cuisine, thermal springs, history, and excellent yachting conditions.
- Croatia and Montenegro – These neighbors in the Eastern Mediterranean boast a dramatic coastline that’s rich in culture, nightlife, and picturesque fishing villages.
- French Polynesia – Tranquil French Polynesia – including Tahiti and Bora Bora – is the destination for supreme relaxation and adventure: World-class spas, surfing, excellent food, black-sand beaches, and isolation.
- Southeast Asia – Mega yacht charters are popular in Thailand, which is known for its stunningly beautiful landscapes, excellent jungle escapes, and Full Moon parties.
Caribbean Mega Yacht Charters
During the winter months, the yacht charter set flocks to the Caribbean, especially to the Leeward Islands. The Leewards include hotspots like St. Maarten, St. Barts, and Anguilla.
Winter yacht charters in the Caribbean offer a warm escape, with temperatures in the mid-70s, and there’s plenty to do, including:
- Scuba & Snorkel – Explore reefs, shipwrecks, and underwater museums.
- Beaches & Beach Clubs – Relax on soft white sand beaches or head to a VIP club such as Nikki Beach on St. Barts.
- Golf – Play a round on one of the region’s world-class courses.
- Hiking & Biking – Explore rainforests, National Parks, and more by foot, bike, or on an ATV tour.
- Food & Drink – Rum cocktails, frozen drinks, and fresh seafood are some of the region’s specialties.
- Relaxation – Spas, isolated beaches, and quiet natural landscapes offer guests a chance to unwind and relax.
Mediterranean Mega Yacht Charters
In summer, especially during the peak months of July and August, the Western Mediterranean is the center of the mega yachting universe. The region’s harbors beckon A-list guests from around the world, who come for a taste of the good life.
The West Med provides a bit of everything for visitors – Old World charm, upscale eateries, and exclusive festivals. Some must-see experiences include:
- Nightclubs – From the all-night parties in Ibiza, to the opulent discos of Monte Carlo, the region knows how to let loose.
- History – Roman ruins, medieval castles, and centuries-old villas; a historic site is always around the corner.
- Festivals & Events – Cannes is the region’s festival capital; the Cannes International Film Festival, the Cannes Lion Festival, and the Grand Prix in nearby Monaco are all must-attend events.
- Beaches – From the bustling beaches of St. Tropez, to the isolated stretches of sand on Sardinia, there’s a beach experience to suit your tastes here.
- Food & Drink – Michelin-starred restaurants in Monaco, the France’s foodie capital in Nice, Italy’s legendary cuisine – great food and wine is always on tap.
How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Mega Yacht?
There is a wide range of mega yachts for rent in nearly every destination in the world. Pricing for a mega yacht charter, though, is highly variable.
In general, a mega yacht charter can cost anywhere from $200,000/week to over $1 million/week. Prices depend on the size of the yacht, its amenities, how new the boat is, and the yacht builder.
Pricing to rent a mega yacht typically includes a base fee, and depending on the charter location, may include expenses like fuel, food and drink, and taxes.
Rent a Mega Yacht with Worldwide Boat
Book your dream vacation today. Contact your broker with Worldwide Boat to learn more about our mega yacht fleet in exclusive ports around the world.