Gocek Yacht Charters
Gocek – the lovely resort town on Turkey’s west coast – has long been a sought-after port of call for the yachting set. The city’s laid-back beachy vibes, as well as its natural harbor and historic marinas, make this one of the most desirable destinations for Turkey yacht charters.
In Gocek, visitors will find plenty to do and explore. From the nearby Lycian ruins – which people come from all-over the world to see – to the upscale waterfront restaurants and bars, Gocek beckons A-list travelers, celebrities and local socialites alike.
Another reason to charter here: Gocek lies on the Gulf of Feyithe. With its Twelve Islands, snorkel and scuba diving spots and hidden beaches, the gulf is one of the region’s best cruising grounds. In short, Gocek offers charter itineraries to suit anyone’s tastes – from private, relaxing island-hopping experiences, to action-packed adventures.
Gocek Yacht Charter Highlights
- Nearby islands in the Gulf of Feyithe
- Ancient Lycian ruins
- Trendy beach clubs and seaside bars
- Gocek’s Lively Sunday Market
- Snorkeling and scuba diving
When to Go: Gocek Yacht Charters
Gocek’s yachting season mirrors that of much of the Mediterranean. July and August are peak months, offering warm, inviting weather for visitors. Summer temperatures typically climb into the upper-80s, but the soothing breezes of the Turquoise Coast, helps to cool guests off.
Gocek offers charters from late spring to late fall, and it’s a favorite destination for shoulder season gulet charters in Turkey. One reason: The weather in spring and fall is milder, with minimal rain. If you’re looking to beat the crowds, consider an early summer or fall charter in Gocek.
Gocek Charters: What to See and Do
Gocek offers a blend of rustic and modern. You’ll find plenty of ancient sites and dazzling beaches to explore:
- Discover the Gulf of Feyithe – Head into the Gulf of Feyithe, and explore the Twelve Islands. Gocek Island is one of the largest, and is great for hiking and relaxing on the beach. Tersane Island is another favorite, with its rustic restaurants and historical buildings.
- Snorkel and Scuba Diving — The Gulf is one of the best spots in Turkey for snorkeling and scuba diving. In many of the bays, you’ll find underwater ruins, and the nearby Yassica islands are a favorite scuba spot.
- Gocek Sunday Market – Gocek’s legendary market – which is open on Sundays year-round – is a must-see. Here you’ll find the best in food, as well as upscale vendors and jewelers.
- Hike the Butterfly Valley – Hike from the white sand beaches along the catwalks up the valley, to two 60-meter waterfalls. Stop for drinks at the valley’s lone bar during your trek.
- Enjoy Gocek’s Cuisine – Dine at any number of Gocek’s seaside restaurants, where you’ll find amazing Mediterranean and Aegean dishes, rich with Greek and Turkish flavors.
- Soak Up the Sun – Gocek is home to an array of lovely beaches. One you can’t miss is: “Secret Beach.” Rent a beach hut on the water, a perfect spot for a relaxing beach day.
- Cleopatra Baths – Explore the sunken baths and ruins at this favorite yachting spot in Hamam Bay, and explore the ruins, which were built by Marc Antony as a wedding gift to Cleopatra.
Contact your broker with Worldwide Boat to learn more about yacht charters in Gocek