Mediterranean Yacht Charters
A Mediterranean yacht charter is a perfect way to explore the Old-World charms, beautiful white-sand beaches, and stunning landscapes of the region. From the Michelin-starred restaurants and high-roller casinos of Monaco to the swanky beach clubs of St. Tropez and glimmering beaches of Sardinia, The West Mediterranean boasts some of the best and most beautiful cruising grounds in the world.
Showing 213–216 of 220 results
Yacht Charter Mediterranean: Where to Go
Few luxury yachting destinations compare to the Mediterranean, which includes the Amalfi Coast, the Italian and French Rivieras, Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily and the Aeolian Islands, and the Balearic Islands of Spain on the west and Croatia, Greece and Turkey on the east.
The cruising grounds of the West Mediterranean represents the finest in luxury yachting. Stunning anchorages, world-class marinas, postcard-worthy beaches, and lively city centers welcome yacht charter guests across the entire region. Some top Mediterranean yacht charter destinations include:
- Croatia – The charm of Croatian old seaside town and villages is unmatched. The water is crystal clear and breezes are gentle – making Croatia the perfect summer destination for yachting.
- France – From the glitz and glamour of the French Riviera, which includes the amazing beaches of St. Tropez and Nice and famed palaces of Monaco, to the charming ports and windswept islands of Corsica, France is one of the most desirable locales for a luxury yacht charter.
- Greece – Greece has very diverse cruising grounds – from the lush Ionian Islands to the rocky and historic Cyclades. If you are looking for the perfect mix of history, upscale dining and clear waters, Greece is the place to be.
- Italy – Breathtaking landscapes, exclusive beach clubs, and incredible food and drink are a few reasons to explore Italy’s yachting destinations, which include the Italian Riviera, Sardinia, Sicily, and the Aeolian Islands, and the stunning Amalfi Coast.
- Spain – Spain’s luxurious and mysterious Balearic Islands, which include the gorgeous coastal towns of Mallorca and the famed nightclubs on Ibiza, offer plenty to do and explore: All-night parties, amazing beaches, ancient ruins, lively festivals, and amazing Spanish cuisine.
- Turkey – Beautiful mile long beaches, charming seaside villages and friendly locals make Turkey a desirable summer charter destination.
Mediterranean Yacht Charter Highlights
- Fine dining, amazing local wines, and indulgent cuisine
- Charming Medieval towns and Roman ruins
- Miles-long beaches & upscale beach clubs
- Tranquil landscapes matched with glamorous ports of call
- Amazing nightlife and vibrant culture
- Breathtaking scenery, islands, and protected landscapes
When to Go
Yacht Season in the Mediterranean: late May through late September
The Mediterranean has become the world’s top destination for summer yacht charters for jetsetters, celebrities, and the well-to-do. During the summer months – and particularly in July and August – the ports of the West Mediterranean teem with luxury super yachts and well-heeled guests. It’s the place to be, and visitors are welcomed by the most incredible weather, water temperatures, and cruising conditions.
During the summer months, temperatures hover in the mid-70s and reach highs in the mid-80s in July and August. With plenty of sun, the summer offers the best weather for enjoying a yacht charter in the region.
Throughout summer, the waters of the Mediterranean hover in the 70s and offer ideal temperatures for watersports, swimming, and enjoying the beaches. There’s a steady breeze, great for a sailing charter, with waves in the 2-4 foot range.
Yacht Rental Mediterranean: Motor Yacht
The Mediterranean is the world’s most desirable luxury yachting destination, and as such, you’ll find a selection of some of the finest motor yachts for hire available anywhere in the world: From tri-deck superyachts – which the best in luxury amenities – to sleek, sporty motor catamarans.
Luxury motor yachts deliver amazing cruising across the Mediterranean and ensure smooth, comfortable passages. Hiring a motor yacht will also allow you to cover more ground and see more of the Med’s lovely scenery. Marinas in the South of France, the Italian Riviera, Amalfi, and Mallorca are where you’ll find the region’s most luxurious super yachts, although motor yachts are available in every location.
Yacht Hire Mediterranean: Sailing Yachts
One of the world’s top sailing destinations, the Mediterranean is the place to be to charter a luxury sailing yacht. Beautifully appointed luxury cruisers with state-of-the-art sailing systems allow you to have a classic Med sailing experience while delivering the best in comfort and amenities.
Although you’ll find incredible sailing and sailing yachts for hire throughout the region, the steady breezes of Sardinia, the French Riviera, Corsica, and the Balearic Islands make these some of the best locales for a luxury sailing charter. In these locations, you’ll find a wide range of luxury sailing super yachts, as well as exhilarating summertime sailing.
Mediterranean Yacht Charters: What to Do and See
The Mediterranean offers adventures to suit every yacht charter guest’s taste. From tours of ancient ruins and Old World churches to luxury shopping and the legendary casinos of Monaco, you’ll find it all.
Whether you plan to party all night in Ibiza, or you’d rather relax with a glass of wine in a historic city center, you’re in for a luxury travel experience unlike any other. What should you plan to do and see? Here are some of the reasons the Mediterranean is the world’s most popular destination for a luxury yacht charter:
The body of water the Romans called “mare nostrum” (or “our sea”) is full of historical landmarks important to all of modern Western civilization, from the basilicas of Italy to the earliest churches and monasteries of France and Spain. It’s an architectural goldmine and an inspiration to those who visit. UNESCO World Heritage Sites dot the landscape, as do museums, galleries, and centuries-old historical markers. If you’re interested in art and culture, you’ll love it here.
It’s no secret that most of the cities, towns, and villages bordering the Mediterranean Sea are famous for their cuisines. And for foodies, the Mediterranean is a destination like no other. In every port of call, you’ll find a place serving to-die-for foods. From the Michelin-starred restaurants of Monaco to the seaside cafes in Cannes, charter guests are welcomed by great food wherever they go.
The Mediterranean is one of the world’s top fashion destinations, with France and Italy holding as much significance in the industry as New York City. Across the region, visitors can explore high-end designer boutiques selling couture garments, accessories, and handbags. Planning to shop? Try Le Metropole Shopping center in Monte-Carlo, one of the world’s best fashion shopping centers. Porto Cervo in Sardinia and La Croisette in Cannes are also must-visit shopping destinations.
In the Mediterranean, guests are regularly treated to great food, wine, sporting, and cultural festivals. Cannes Film Festival, of course, might be the most famous, drawing A-list celebrities from around the world. Yet, every weekend in the summer, there’s a seaside festival to attend.
The waters in the Mediterranean are inviting, and chances are, you’ll spend quite a bit of time in the water while on charter. In particular, the Mediterranean is a hotspot for kitesurfing and windsurfing – especially throughout Italy. Yet, sea kayaking and paddle-boarding are other top activities on a Mediterranean charter. Bottom line, you’ll bask in the sapphire waters during your visit.
The Mediterranean is rich with history inland, as well as under the sea. In fact, you’ll find incredible dive spots throughout the region. Secca della Colombara and Punta Omo Morto in Italy are favorite dive spots, for example.
For wine-lovers, the Mediterranean is a mecca, offering the best glasses in all of the world. The region’s wine-making tradition, of course, goes back thousands of years, and in every port of call, you’ll find a wine bar, cellar, or bodega serving the best wines. From Sassicaia and Ornellaia from Italy to Bordeaux from France, wine lovers will find much to try and taste in the Mediterranean.
The Mediterranean offers it all. Art, culture, food, you name it. But there’s another reason to book a luxury yacht charter: Mediterranean beaches! From the Amalfi Coast to Ibiza, from St. Tropez to Sicily, you’ll be welcomed by sun-soaked, white-sand beaches offering the best spots to relax and take in the scenery in every port of call.
Super Yacht Charter: Cruising Conditions
Across the Mediterranean, charter guests are welcomed by amazing cruising conditions: Small swells, calm seas, and amazing weather. Yet each destination offers its own unique cruising experience.
- Corsica – Corsica offers more than 700 miles of coastline to explore and is known for its upscale marinas, ports, and stunning anchorages. In particular, the Strait of Bonifacio is a top sailing destination, thanks to its steady natural breezes. Around the island, visitors are welcomed by calm seas and cooling breezes throughout summer, as well as warm water conditions.
- French Riviera – The South of France has a short coastline – just about 400 nautical miles – but there’s much to see and explore along the Cote d’Azur. Here, you’ll find a collection of the world’s most exclusive marinas – like Port Hercule in Monaco and Port de Saint Tropez Marina – and breathtaking anchorages. (Plaga Mala, for example, is a super-tranquil South of France beach anchorage.) Cruising conditions here are ideal: Steady winds, easy 2- to 4-foot swells in summer, and cool breezes.
- Spain – The Balearic Islands some of the most beautiful anchorages in all of the Mediterranean. The island of Espalmador is a favorite superyacht anchorage. Plus, the marinas like Mallorca’s Club du Mar attract some of the finest superyachts in the world. Sailing is great throughout summer with warm sea winds – June through August. Spring and fall offer more challenging conditions.
- Sardinia – One of the top sailing destinations in the Mediterranean, sailors come for the steady sea breezes, as well as the protected waters and safe harbors. Calm seas and warm waters welcome visitors in summer.
- Italian Riviera – An ideal motor yachting destination, with some of the most exclusive marinas in the country including at Portofino and San Remo, the Italian Riviera is an ideal spot for a luxury motor yachting experience.
- Amalfi Coast – Here you’ll find a collection of some of the most breathtaking anchorages anywhere in the world: Marina Piccola near Capri and the Pontine Islands are two see-it-to-believe-it anchorages. Due to its somewhat longer passage, Amalfi tends to be better for motor yachts.
- Sicily – The northern and eastern coasts of Sicily offer the best in sail and motor yachting. Here you’ll find well-established marinas, protected waters, and short passages between destinations. In the nearby Aeolian Islands, island hopping in calm seas is a tradition.
Planning Your Trip: Boat Charter Mediterranean Sample Itineraries
The itinerary for your Mediterranean yacht charter will be packed with adventure, incredible scenery, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Your itinerary, of course, will be customized to your exact preferences, but these sample itineraries provide an idea of the possibilities.
- French Riviera – This week-long sojourn in the South of France whisks you away to the region’s most exciting destinations. Set sail in glamourous Monaco, before exploring the beautiful beaches of Cannes, St. Tropez, and the Porquerolles Islands. You’ll see all of the Cote d’Azur’s must-see ports on this France yacht charter.
- Amalfi Coast – This adventure in Amalfi takes you to some of the most incredible islands and villages on the coast. Set sail from Naples, before stopping off on the beautiful islands of Procida and Ischia. Capri, Salerno, and Positano are also on the itinerary – a few of the most exclusive destinations in the region.
- Balearic Islands – This exploration of Spain’s islands takes you to the most exclusive ports: From the stunning city of Palma on Mallorca to Cala Portinatx on Ibiza and the lovely island of Formentera. You’ll also explore a mix of Mallorca’s quieter, more exclusive eastern ports.
Yacht Rental Mediterranean Sea: How Much Does It Cost?
Mediterranean yacht charter prices can vary significantly, depending on your destination, the yacht your hire, and your itinerary. In general, luxury super yachts rent from $100,000 to more than $1,000,000 per week, plus expenses. Guests must fund an advanced provisioning allowance (APA), which covers expenses like docking fees, fuel, and food, and drink. There are some smaller yachts for hire in the Mediterranean from $20,000 to $75,000 per week.
Plan your dream yacht charter in the Mediterranean with Worldwide Boat. Contact a Worldwide Boat broker today to learn more about our exclusive Mediterranean offerings and yachts available in the region.