Mediterranean Yacht Charters
Explore some the the world's most beautiful and vibrant charter destinations
The West Mediterranean is one of the most beautiful and popular destinations for yacht charters. From the islands – like Ibiza, Capri and Sardinia – to the stunning Old World ports along the Amalfi Coast and in the French Riviera, the region is home to some of the most awe-inspiring and lively destinations in all of the world.
Secluded beaches, ancient ruins, exquisite cuisine and even rowdy parties (in Ibiza) await you on a yacht charter you’ll never forget. With a past reaching back thousands of years, the Mediterranean gives you a feeling timelessness matched with modern luxury.
Ruins and thousand-year-old churches welcome you in every port, and the cultural and cuisine is stepped in ancient tradition. Yet, apart from the history and unique sights, the turquoise waters and white-sand beaches have an undeniable lure.
Simply put, the Mediterranean offers you the best of the best in yacht chartering. The region is home to the world’s most delicious cuisine, the best luxury shopping, the most picturesque beaches, and of course, history that’s undeniably significant.
- Fine dining and amazing local cuisine
- Charming Medieval towns and castles
- Miles long beaches
- Equal parts tranquil and glamorous
- Breathtaking coastline
Best Time for Yacht Charters in the Mediterranean
When to go: late May through late September
The Mediterranean has become the world’s top destination for summer yacht charters. During the summer months – and particularly in July and August – the Med’s ports teem with luxury superyachts and well-heeled guests. It’s the place to be, and guests are welcomed by the most incredible weather, water temperatures and conditions.
During the summer months temperatures hover in the mid-70s, and reach highs of the mid-80s in July and August. With plenty of sun, the summer offers the best weather for enjoying a yacht charter in the region.
Throughout summer, the waters of the Mediterranean hover in the 70s, and offer ideal temperatures for watersports, swimming and enjoying the beaches. There’s a steady breeze, great for a sailing charter, with waves in the 2-4 foot range.
Mediterranean Yacht Charters: What to Do and See
The Mediterranean offers adventures to match every yacht charterer’s taste. From tours of ancient ruins and Old World churches, to luxury shopping and the legendary casinos of Monaco, you’ll find it all.
Whether you plan to party all night, or you’d rather relax with a glass of wine, you’re in for a luxury travel experience unlike any other. What should you plan to do and see? Here are some of the Med’s must-see attractions:
The body of water the Romans called “mare nostrum” (or “our sea”) is full of historical landmarks important to all of modern Western civilization, from the basilicas of Italy to the earliest churches and monasteries of France and Spain. It’s an architectural goldmine and an inspiration to those who visit. UNESCO World Heritage Sites dot the landscape, as do museums, galleries and centuries-old historical markers. If you’re interested in art and culture, you’ll love it here.
It’s no secret that most of the cities, towns and villages bordering the Mediterranean Sea are famous for their cuisines. And for foodies, the Mediterranean is a destination like no other. In every port of call, you’ll find a place serving to-die-for foods. From the Michelin-starred restaurants of Monaco, to the seaside cafes in Cannes, charter guests are welcomed by great food wherever they go.
- Luxury Shopping
The Mediterranean is one of the world’s top fashion destinations, with France and Italy holding as much significance in the industry as New York City. Across the region, visitors can explore high-end designer boutiques selling couture garments, accessories and handbags. Planning to shop? Try Le Metropole Shopping center in Monte-Carlo, one of the world’s best fashion shopping centers. Porto Cervo in Sardinia and La Croisette in Cannes are also must-visit shopping destinations.
In the Mediterranean, guests are regularly treated to great food, wine, sporting and cultural festivals. Cannes Film Festival, of course, might be the most famous, drawing A-List celebrities from around the world. Yet, every weekend in the summer, there’s a seaside festival to attend.
- Water Sports
The waters in the Mediterranean are inviting, and chances are, you’ll spend quite a bit of time in the water while on charter. In particular, the Mediterranean is a hotspot for kitesurfing and windsurfing – especially throughout Italy. Yet, sea kayaking and paddle-boarding are other top activities on a Mediterranean charter. Bottom line, you’ll bask in the sapphire waters during your visit.
- Scuba Diving
The Mediterranean is rich with history inland, as well as under the sea. In fact, you’ll find incredible dive spots throughout the region.. Secca della Colombara and Punta Omo Morto in Italy are favorite dive spots, for example.
For wine-lovers, the Mediterranean is a mecca, offering the best glasses in all of the world. The region’s wine-making tradition of course goes back thousands of years, and in every port of call, you’ll find a wine bar, cellar or bodega serving the best wines. From Sassicaia and Ornellaia from Italy, to Bordeaux from France, wine lovers will find much to try and taste in the Mediterranean.
- Beach Hopping
The Mediterranean offers it all. Art, culture, food, you name it. But there’s another reason to book a lock luxury yacht charter: Mediterranean beaches! From the Amalfi coast, to Ibiza, from St. Tropez, to Split, you’ll be welcomed by sun-soaked, white-sand beaches offering the best spots to relax and take in the scenery in every port of call.
Mediterranean Yacht Charters: Where to Go
The West Mediterranean includes Spain, Italy and France, and includes such Mediterranean charter hotspots as the Cote d’Azur, the Amalfi Coast, the Balearic Islands, Cannes and Monaco. All throughout the West Mediterranean, you’ll be welcomed by ports full of luxury yachts, shops and amenities.
With hundreds of miles of beautiful coastline to explore and a diverse range of cultures to experience, deciding where to go in the Mediterranean is no easy task. A few favorite West Mediterranean destinations include:
- France – Glamorous and gorgeous, the French Riviera – or Cote d’Azur – has a reputation for attracting jetsetters, movie stars and British Royalty. Over 300 days of sunshine grace the lovely seaside cities of the French Riviera, including Cannes, Nice, and the city-state Monaco. The Cannes Film Festival draws cinema elite from around the world and St. Tropez is acclaimed for its clothing-optional beaches and annual superyacht regatta.
- Italy – Italy offers a wide diversity of charter destinations – from islands, to mainland ports. The Italian Riviera, for example, is peppered with charming seaside towns and picturesque vistas. The Amalfi Coast is one of the most famous areas to visit, including the island of Capri. Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean and is home to both world-class beaches and ancient ruins of Greek temples and Norman castles. For oenophiles, it also produces some of the best wines in the world. Sardinia is another incredible island on the Italian Riviera that’s visited by yacht charters to the Mediterranean.
- Spain – Spain gives travelers a variety of experiences, from quiet corners of paradise to non-stop parties. Mallorca, the largest of the Balearic Islands, is a fascinating contrast of environments: sheltered bays with bright-white beaches, wooded mountains and olive groves. Another island whose reputation may precede it is Ibiza. While famous for its crazy nightlife, it’s also home to four UNESCO World Heritage sites, including a Phoenician-Punic necropolis.
Escape to the Mediterranean on a luxury yacht charter. Whether you want to explore the South of France, or bustling Ibiza, Worldwide Boat’s team can help you plan the perfect vacation and secure an ideal superyacht. Contact your broker today to learn more.