Skyros Yacht Charters
Explore Skyros on your luxury yacht charter in Greece
The Greek island of Skyros offers a unique landscape of lush green forests in the north and rocky mountains in the south. Yacht charter guests will certainly enjoy the long sandy beaches that meet the crystal-clear waters of the Aegean, an ideal place to sunbathe, swim, or partake in water sports.
The beaches of Skyros are some of the most beautiful in Greece. The colorful scenery of the turquoise waters, the golden sands, and the deep green pines against the azure skies make for a relaxing atmosphere. Near Hora, you can head to Magazia, Molos, Papa to Houmaand Lina, with Molos being the most cosmopolitan beach on the island. On the north, the beaches are Petritsa, Kyra Panagia, Agios Petros, and Theotokos.
The southernmost of the Sporades Islands, Skyros is home to the beautiful town of Chora. Built around a Byzantine castle, the town has cobbled alleyways, traditionally-built homes with flat roofs, and beautiful greenery.
Skyros Yacht Charters – Things to Do & See
Skyros offers a variety of sites and destinations for yacht charter guests, including:
- The Byzantine castle with a walled-in marble lion with dragon traits, the ruins of a 9th-century church, and the gold medal of the first Greek Olympic Champion, Spyros Louis.
- The Manos and Anastasia Faltaits Folk Art Museum, which was founded in 1964 in Skyriton Park.
- The Palaiopyrgos (or Old Tower) is the largest tower in the ancient Pelasgian wall.
- The little stone theater, where guests who visit in the summer months can watch cultural events held here.
- The Archaeological Museum which offers collections from the Early Helladic Period to Roman times. The Skyrian House (Skyriano Spiti) has on display a variety of local wood-carved furniture, painted ceramic plates, textiles, and household and agricultural items.
- Megali Strata will take you to Kyprou (or Brook) Square, where a statue of the English poet Robert Brook stands.