Greece Yacht Charters
Beauty abound at the birthplace of Western civilization
Luxury Greece yacht charters to the Greek Islands will transport you to one of the most magnificent places in the world and leave you feeling like a god or goddess. There’s a reason why Greece has been the most popular summer destination in recent years – it’s an incredible experience full of history, beauty and adventure.
Greece brings to mind bright white cottages with rounded, azure-colored roofs that match the brilliant ocean; or colorful fishing boats bobbing in peaceful harbors as the golden sun warms the streets.
Aside from its vivid landscape, it’s also a land of legends and antiquity. Zeus and Athena, Aristotle and Socrates – myths and philosophies from Ancient Greece have been foundational to modern-day culture and knowledge.
Greece is considered to be a cradle of Western civilization, and what better way is there to explore it than with a luxury, crewed, private yacht charter? Greece is one of our specialties, and with our extensive knowledge of the industry, we can help you make the right choice of ship for your excursion based on your taste, preferences and budget.
With a wide selection of crewed motor and sailing boats available for yacht charters, Greece visitors can browse boats by size and accommodations to find the perfect vessel for their getaway. Our yachts are inspected regularly to evaluate their condition and interview the crews. We have in-depth knowledge of all of the yachts, and we personally know the crews we recommend. We are proud to offer a great selection of quality vessels for you, your family and guests and corporate charters.
Let us help you book an amazing vacation to one of the most breathtaking, sunny locales in Europe: Greece. Greece yacht charters can visit a variety of local ports, allowing you access to numerous islands and unique locales. Many of our clients love to visit the less-crowded island groups, such as the Cyclades islands, or to visit some of the country’s most famous ruins.
We want to help you get to those beautiful waters in Greece. Yacht charter services from Worldwide Boat include the planning of every stage of your private boating or sailing holiday. Browse our featured yachts online and contact us today. With our great selection of Greece yachts, we are sure you will be able to find the perfect yacht rental. Greece islands, amazing locations and adventures await! Opa!
Why charter a yacht in Greece?
- Remarkable ancient history
Greece is known as the birthplace of democracy and Western civilization. Remnants still stand of ancient Greek and Minoan civilizations with well-preserved monuments, artifacts, and ancient sites.
- Unique architecture
Greece has architecture that dates back as far as 600 B.C. Many visitors come to enjoy its temples, most of which are in ruins, though some are quite intact. Greece is also known for its open-air theaters, which date from Hellenic times, around 350 B.C. Additionally, there are public squares, mausoleums, gateways and colonnades.
- Great local cuisine and wine
While in Greece, charter guests take advantage of the delicious Greek cuisine and wine offerings, which are an important part of the culture.
Sampling the delicious moussaka, a staple of most Greek meals, is a must. This oven-baked casserole includes eggplant and spiced meat filling, topped with a creamy béchamel. Baklava should also be on your trip menu. It’s a crunchy, sweet pastry made of flaky phyllo dough and cinnamon-spiced nut filling, covered in syrup. Yacht charters to Greece will typically serve these dishes on-board, but nothing can compare to eating them fresh when visiting the islands.
As for beverages, white wine is popular in the warm lands of Greece. The lovely Assyrtiko, a Santorini varietal, has a light lemon and fruity flavor. Or sample a Restina wine, a white that’s infused with the sap of the Allepo pine tree and a Greek specialty.
- Natural beauty
Greece yacht charters can provide guests with unique views of the more than 6,000 islands and islets throughout the Aegean and Ionian seas. Beaches range from pristine white sands to deep black in color. Greece has it all: pebble beaches, sheltered bays, coves, coastal caves, wetlands, rocky interiors, calderas and olive groves!
- Spectacular coastline
The coastline of Greece, including the islands, is almost 10,000 miles long. You can find sandy beaches, pebble shorelines, darkened caves and steep rock walls. There are many inlets, bays and peninsulas along the shoreline, making for excellent cruising and water sports. This incredible coast makes Greece the perfect destination for yacht charters.
- Great beaches
Whether you prefer a traditional white-sand beach, an elegant pebble beach or a unique black-sand beach, the islands of Greece can provide it. You will be able to locate both secluded beaches with not a soul in sight and popular beaches with partygoers or families.
Top destinations for Greece yacht charters
- The Cyclades – This grouping of 220 islands includes some of the most popular destinations in Greece, including Mykonos, Santorini, Delos, Naxos and Ios. Each island has its own charm and personality, but all are idyllic. Glamorous Mykonos is known for its hedonistic nightlife and A-list beach scene. In stark contrast, nearby Delos is the mythical birthplace of Artemis and Apollo and a UNESCO World Heritage Site – travelers are only permitted to tour the island and its ancient ruins during the day. Santorini is stunningly beautiful and romantic, a popular destination for honeymooners and daydreamers.
- Saronic Islands – Located just a short distance from Athens, the Saronic Islands are very popular for day trips or weekend getaways. If you’re interested in architecture, head to lovely Hydra to walk the marble quay and admire the grand stone houses rising on the hill above the port. Nearby Poros is especially popular for sailing trips and family holidays. Love Bay on Poros is a wonderful beach surrounded by pine trees – its gives you the unique experience of being near both forest and ocean.
- Ionian Islands – Also called the “Green Islands,” the Ionians are covered in lush vegetation. The blue waters are the deepest in the Mediterranean, attracting scuba divers and sea-sport enthusiasts. Corfu is the most well-known Ionian Island and is a very popular destination for boat charters in Greece. Take a break from the sunny beaches to explore the fascinating old quarters of Corfu Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Travelers who are fans of Homer’s “The Odyssey” must visit Ithaca, where the legendary Odysseus ruled as king. The island offers both mountainous terrain and quiet beaches to explore.
Best Time for Yacht Charters in Greece
The yacht charter season in Greece begins in early April and runs through November; however, most charter guests visit during the high season of July and August, and into September. During these warm months, prices are generally higher (as much as 10%) and so is demand, so we recommend booking far enough in advance to ensure that you secure the best boat and crew for your needs.
During the high season, there will be a spike of tourists on Mykonos, Ios, Santorini, Kos, Rhodes, and Lesvos, while the waters around Corfu, Lefkas, and the Sarconic may be filled with other yachters.
The Etesian wind, also known as the Meltemi, can be a strong during the summer months, especially in the Cyclades Islands.
During the months surrounding the high season – May, June, September, and October – the weather is still pleasant and Greece yacht charters may be easier to book. There will be fewer tourists on land and the waters will be clear. The Meltemi winds have not begun or already ceased, but the reliable winds of the Maistro in the Ionian Sea make for easy sailing.