BVI Yacht Charters
Explore the Tropical Paradise of the British Virgin Islands
Picture this. Crystal clear waters, golden sandy beaches, blue skies, hidden coves, luxurious ports, quaint villages, tropical drinks, and exceptional culinary delights. Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? Well, thankfully, this place isn’t something we just made up – it’s the British Virgin Islands (BVI for short) and BVI yacht charters are the best way to explore this tropical paradise.
It’s no secret that BVI yacht charters are considered one of the most amazing and unforgettable vacations. Besides the clear turquoise waters, the BVI offer unique culinary experiences, dramatic encounters with marine life, sandy beaches and world’s best beach bars.
There’s so much to enjoy and immerse yourself in – BVI always beats the highest expectations of the worldliest charter guests.
- More than 60 islands and cays
- Pristine beaches & tropical landscape
- A family friendly destination
- Short distances between islands
- Plenty of protected anchorages and bays
Best Time to Charter in the BVI
When to go: A good destination year-around except for hurricane season which runs from June to end of November. High season for a BVI yacht charter is from mid-December to the end of April.
The Virgin Islands are in a state of constant summer, with ideal weather and temperatures all year long. With very little change in seasons, you can charter a yacht in the islands virtually year-round and still expect sunshine, warm temperatures, and cooling breezes.
• Summer (June to November): It’s hot with an average temperature around 89ºF and the sea is around 82ºF. It can be humid with unstable weather as it’s tropical storm/hurricane season. Winds are southeasterly between 10 and 20 knots.
• Winter (December to May): You’ll find the day average temperature around 86ºF, but it’s cooler at night around 68ºF. The seas are warm around 78ºF and the weather is stable. Winds are easterly and northeasterly between 15 and 25 knots.
A wonderful retreat for the entire family, the BVI are a paradisiacal escape that are hailed a “sailor’s paradise.” With our six reasons for a yacht charter in these Caribbean islands listed below, you’ll soon see why every yacht charter guest falls for them hook, line, and sinker.
1. BVI yacht charters are the best way to explore 60 islands and islets
The BVI consist of sixty islands, which are some of the most elite in the world. With no direct flights available from the US, UK, Canada, South America, or Europe, it gives these islands even more exclusivity and a wonderful untouched feel. That’s why the locals have nicknamed these islands “Nature’s Little Secrets.”
Here are our top Must-See islands while on your crewed charter in the British Virgin Islands:
- Tortola: The largest island of the BVI, Tortola’s landscape is a mix of tropical greenery, mountains, and white sandy beaches. Apple Bay offers the best waves for surfing, while Elizabeth Beach is ideal for a relaxing day of sunbathing. Tortola’s main town is Road Town and here you can find sites and landmarks to see that range from historical to artistic to delicious. Most British Virgin Islands yacht charters start and end in Tortola.
- Jost Van Dyke: Jost Van Dyke island was named after a famous Dutch pirate. The atmosphere on this island is not one of rest and leisure, but has been described as “one long island-style happy hour.” Definitely the party island of the archipelago, you can find a bar on every corner. Jost Van Dyke is one of the most popular islands for BVI yacht charters so make sure you make a stop at The Soggy Dollar Bar or the Foxy’s.
- Virgin Gorda: The Baths on Virgin Gorda are consistently rated one of the top 10 destinations in the Caribbean. An amazing blend of stone, sand and palms, the Baths were formed when volcanic eruptions threw boulders the size of your house around like birdseed at a wedding. What was left was a maze that leads you from perfect beach to perfect beach.
- Anegada: The name of this land mass translates to “drowned island,” and at the highest point, Anegada is only 28 feet above sea level. Compared to the surrounding mountainous islands, Anegada is incredibly unique. It was formed by extruded sand from barrier reef and is protected by the horseshoe reef. While Anegada is a little distance away from other islands, it is worth visiting.
2. Find Pristine Sandy Beaches at Every Turn
The beaches that surround the BVI are what travel magazines are made of. With a picturesque cove and beach around every corner, there’s ample opportunity to find a little bit of what you fancy, whether it’s seclusion or a more upbeat atmosphere.
You’ll never find huge resorts and tourists fighting over space, and every charter guest enjoys feeling as though they’re the first person to ever discover some of the more secluded beaches. A yacht charter allows you to find the beach of your dreams and then turn right around to find another, one that will likely go beyond your imagination with its beauty!
3. BVI Yacht Charters Let You Dive into Unbeatable Waters
With crystal clear waters, underground trails, and an abundance of sea life, the BVI are one of the most esteemed snorkeling and scuba diving locations across the globe. With stunning reef fish located not far from the coastline, you can dive straight off your boat with your snorkel.
Or get a bit more adventurous with a scuba diving class where you’ll see extraordinary shipwrecks, underwater tunnels and caves, healthy reefs of coral, huge grottoes and boulders, and plenty of underwater life.
4. A Plethora of Water Sports on Your Charter
From your BVI boat charter, you can also enjoy the range of water sports the islands have to offer. From surfing and windsurfing to kayaking and fishing, there’s something for everyone, regardless of whether you’re a novice or an expert.
5. Friendly Locals in the BVI
When you’re chartering around the islands, you needn’t worry about finding somewhere tourist-friendly to stop off at, because every port, no matter how secluded, welcomes charter guests with open arms. With such a relaxing, laid-back atmosphere on each island, the locals make the whole experience of the BVI even more heartwarming and memorable.
You’ll also find everyone is incredibly eco-conscious, with a huge focus on making sure the islands are kept as green as possible. This provides many with a welcome relief from the polluted cities they’ve traveled from.
6. A Full Moon party has a whole new meaning in the BVI
Every month, Trellis Bay, Beef Island, holds a Full Moon Party, and if you’re sailing past on one of these dates, you’ll definitely want to attend.
Vendors line the beach selling arts and crafts, local restaurants offer spectacular buffets and BBQs, and partygoers enjoy poi shows and live calypso music. Then, at midnight when the party’s in full swing, a giant fireball is lit in Trellis Bay.
However, for families who don’t want to stay up too late but want to join in with the fun, there are earlier celebrations that boast all the magic of the full moon.
Our Selection of BVI Crewed Charter Yachts
Are you looking for BVI yacht charters? Then look no further. Here at Worldwide Boat, we offer everything from a catamaran to a classic sailing boat. We can even organize your itinerary for you, too. This gives you the perfect opportunity to explore the BVI, enjoying the freedom of going from a coastal town to a secluded beach on your own private yacht. For more information or to book your charter, call 305-396-6996 today!
BVI Yacht Charter Reviews
We had such a good time, that when I thought about that, we were already travelling back home. We had a magnificent experience, everything went on smoothly and enjoyable. Besides having the whole family together, the week on the catamaran was like being in paradise. Climate played on our side, just one shower for 10 minutes more or less. The crew was wonderful, foods and drinks excellent, so nothing to make a negative observation, we will highly recommend this trip to our friends.
I just arrived home late last night and the first thing I had to do was e-mail you. The charter was an experience that I will never forget!!!! I have never had such loving, exciting, professional service in all the times that I have taken vacations like this. They made me and my guests feel like we were the most important people in the world. The boat was beautiful and the itinerary that I let Captain Mike decide for us was just something from out of a dream. Thank you so much for suggesting this charter and we are definitely using them on our next vacation. (which is going to be soon!!) lol You could not have selected anything any better. Thank you for making our vacation.
Thanks for following up. We had an absolutely wonderful time. The boat was very, very comfortable but the crew was extraordinary. They selected lovely spots and were so incredibly attentive to all of our needs. I really cannot say enough nice things about the quality of our entire experience. Thanks for arranging everything and we look forward to chartering again in the future.