Exuma Yacht Charters
Located just west of capital city Nassau, the 365 islands and cays of the Exuma are a favorite yacht charter destination in the Bahamas. The archipelago, which stretches for nearly 120 miles in the aquamarine Caribbean, offers an endless array of experiences: From exploring secluded beaches and vibrant dive sites to visiting the world-famous swimming pigs of Big Major Cay.
A little bit of everything awaits on your private Exumas yacht charter: Amazing golf courses, excellent marine wildlife parks, an array of watersports, and relaxing solitude.
Explore with a Yacht Charter: Exuma Highlights
- Swimming pigs of Big Major Cay
- Uninhabited islands and pristine beaches
- Diving, snorkeling and water sports galore!
- Exciting deep-sea fishing grounds
- Crystal-clear, aquamarine waters
Sailing Yachts & Catamarans
Things to do and see in the Exumas
There are many things to explore, experience, and see while on your luxury boat rental in the Exumas. Here are some of our favorites:
- Visit the Swimming Pigs at Big Major – The friendly pigs that call the beaches of Big Major Cay home are world-famous. Any yacht charter to the Exumas wouldn’t be complete without a swim with these cuddly potbellies.
- Snorkel the Thunderball Grotto – These underwater caves located near Staniel Cay were made famous by the James Bond film. Explore the vast cave network on an afternoon snorkel trip. The underwater caves are teeming with Angelfish and many other colorful species.
- Swim with Nurse Sharks at Compass Cay – The private island of Compass Cay is home to a population of resident nurse sharks. Visit the cay and take a dip with the sharks. They’ll swim right up next to you, and you can even listen to their squeaks underwater. (Yes, they squeak!)
- Visit Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park – This massive park is one of the best in the Bahamas, and it’s a must-visit outdoor playground on an Exumas charter. Snorkel, sea kayak, hike and bike your way through the reefs, uninhabited islands, and trails of the park. The park offers the best snorkeling in all of the Exumas.
- Snorkel the Sunken Plane at Norman’s Cay – Located just off the beach in Norman’s Cay, you’ll find a small single-engine plane, perfectly protected under the water. Snorkel, kayak or take a tender cruise to this must-see sight (which is believed to be a smuggling plane).
- Feed the Iguanas at Allen’s Cay – The beach-dwelling iguanas of Allen’s Cay are a sight to see. Feed them by hand right at the water’s edge, and be sure to bring your camera!
- Relax on Tropic of Cancer Beach – This hidden white-sand beach is located on Little Exuma, and its hands-down one of the most gorgeous in the region. But another reason to visit: The Tropic of Cancer cuts a line right down the middle of it.
- Try a Variety of Water Sports – The Exumas are known for their strikingly aquamarine waters, and on your crewed yacht charter, you’ll want to spend as much time in these inviting waters as possible. Sea kayaking, snorkeling, cliff diving, jet skiing, and windsurfing are all favorite Exumas pastimes.
Chartering in the Exumas, a Destination for Every Season
You can rent a yacht in the Exumas any month of the year, although many seek out the warm weather in the Exumas during the winter. December, January, and February are peak charter months, especially around Christmas and New Year’s. Yet, late spring and early summer too are also favorite times for an Exuma yacht charter.
The Exumas are blessed with amazing weather and ideal cruising conditions throughout the year. Across all seasons, temperatures remain in the mid-70s to mid-80s, with steady trade winds and mellow seas. Thanks to a moderate tidal range, just 3.5 feet, the waters of the Exumas are calm and typically hover around 80 degrees year-round.
Boat Charter Nassau to Exuma
Most yacht charters in the Exumas start and end in Nassau. Nassau provides easy access to the US and European clients with daily international flights. While Nassau is a great destination on its own, you will most likely choose to head straight for the Exumas upon arriving to your boat. It takes 3-4 hours to reach the first islands of the Exuma island chain.
Book Your Exuma Boat Rental or Sailing Vacation with Worldwide Boat
Sharing a getaway with friends and family is one of the things that makes chartering so wonderful, but it can also make choosing a destination that will make everyone happy difficult. Luckily, The Exuma islands have a little something for everyone. The Exumas are the perfect yacht charter destination for animal lovers, beach lovers, snorkelers and divers, and fearless explorers. Create memories with your loved ones on Exuma yacht charters!
Contact a broker with Worldwide Boat today to learn more about our Exumas yacht charter options.