Summer family vacations provide a perfect opportunity to relax, reconnect, and enjoy valuable bonding time with your kids. Looking for the perfect getaway for the family?
Private yacht charters provide the best setting for a family trip. On a family yacht charter, you can explore stunning destinations like The Bahamas and Italy, ensure your children are thoroughly entertained with planned activities like snorkeling or paddleboarding, all while enjoying some much-needed rest and relaxation. Not to mention, the privacy and quietude ensures you will build valuable memories together.
Worldwide Boat prides itself on crafting bespoke yacht charters for families in destinations across the globe, from the Whitsunday Islands in Australia, to the sun-soaked beaches of Greece. If you’re interested in a private family yacht charter, our team of brokers can help you enjoy a family-friendly vacation that provides freedom, flexibility, and an array of activities to suit every guest, regardless of age.
This brief overview of yacht charters for families will answer many of the questions you might have about a yacht charter for the family, including
- Top reasons to consider a charter for your next family vacation
- Tips for a fun, memorable family yachting vacation
- The best family friendly yacht charter activities
- Top destinations for family charters
Reasons to Consider a Family Yacht Charter
Yacht charters are one of the best ways families can enjoy a vacation together, as they offer a private setting and fun for the whole family. Here are some of things you can look forward to on a family charter getaway:
- Relaxation for Parents
Travelling with children can be challenging! There is the extra luggage, special meals, as well as entertainment once you reach your destination. However, yacht charters provide the ultimate relaxation for parents. While the children partake in supervised watersports or shoreside activities, parents can find time to read on the sundeck or sip a cocktail in the jacuzzi. Sounds like paradise? It is!
- Fun for Kids
A dream come true for kids is to be onboard a fun-filled yacht in the crystal-clear waters of the Bahamas or Caribbean. Plus, the crew onboard are fantastic at arranging activities. From themed events and movie nights, to taking your children sailing, paddleboarding, or tubing, there’ll never be a moment of restlessness.
- Creating Memories Together
Undoubtedly the most important part of your yacht charter vacation will be creating lifelong memories as a family. On a yacht charter, the potential to create these experiences are unparalleled. Join in family adventures, explore and dine on secluded beaches, and experience the serene waters with your loved ones.
- Hassle-Free Planning
Unlike other vacations which require constant planning, your job on a yacht charter is to relax, while leaving the rest to your experts at Worldwide Boat. We’ll take care of all the itinerary planning, provisioning, and logistics, allowing you to enjoy your stress-free getaway. Simply tell us what you want, and we’ll handle all the details!
- Perfect for Celebrations
Looking for an unforgettable way to celebrate a birthday or holiday? A yachting getaway offers one of the best solutions, allowing you to celebrate a birthday, graduation, or milestone together as a family. Holiday charters are also perfect getaways, allowing you to enjoy Christmas or New Year’s together with the people you love in stunning destinations around the world.
- Year-Round Destinations
Whether you’re looking for a summer destination (Mediterranean, Maine, New England) or want to escape with the family during Spring Break (the Caribbean), Worldwide Boat offers exclusive access to beautifully appointed yachts around the world. Our team can offer you recommendations on the most family-friendly charter spots.
- Fun-Filled, Flexible Itineraries
One of the hardest parts of traveling with children is daily planning, e.g. where will you have lunch, nap times, activity planning, etc. A yacht charter ensures that all of those daily details are planned. You’ll enjoy chef-prepared meals (with special accommodations for picky eaters), and your crew will provide ideas and planning for daily excursions and fun for the family. Best of all, if you need to make a change, your itinerary will be flexible.
Tips for a Fun and Memorable Family Yacht Charter
Many parents have concerns about bringing the kids on a yachting vacation. The first of which is safety, followed by ensuring that a private charter will be fun and memorable for kids, and that they won’t get bored and feel like they don’t have anything to do.
First, there are many safety precautions that are taken on board, to ensure the youngest guests are comfortable and safe while chartering. For example, small children are asked to wear PFDs, while cruising. As far as if your kids will enjoy themselves, the best yacht crews understand how to engage kids in fun activities, and ensure that they will be entertained throughout their charter.
However, there are some tips to consider as you prepare for a family yacht charter, including:
- Introduce Safety Guidelines
Talk about yachting safety prior to your trip to familiarize your kids with safety while onboard. Some basic rules for young children on charters include:
- Wear a PFD or life vest while on deck.
- Ask for permission from a parent or adult before swimming or deboarding the boat.
- When entering the water make sure crew or a parent is aware, and always swim with a partner.
- Avoid running on deck.
- Make sure a parent or crew member can supervise when a child is on deck.
- Listen to rules from the captain and crew and follow any directions that they provide.
- Choose a Kid-Friendly Yacht
The best yachts for children have kid-friendly amenities. This includes water toys and gear like a slide, paddleboards, jet skis (for teenagers). Other amenities you might look for on a yacht, includes snorkel gear or a home theater.
- Itinerary Planning
One recommendation that we have guests traveling with children: Avoid long passes. If possible, shorter cruising distances will ensure you have plenty of time between sailing, for beach picnics, water toys, swimming, and shoreside excursions.
- Help Them Get Excited
Before you embark, prepare your kids for the activities, sights, and experiences they will have on charter. You might show pictures of the beaches, wildlife, and landscapes they will encounter, or introduce them to sailing or motor yachting.
Family-Friendly Activities on Yacht Charters
A great thing about yacht charters: There’s an endless variety of family-friendly activities that will keep the whole family entertained. Some of the best onboard activities for kids include:
- Water Toys – Kids love to spend hours on the swim platform taking to the water. A boat with a slide, water trampoline, or a diving platform can provide hours of entertainment.
- Beach Picnics – A beach picnic can provide a chance for kids to explore and collect seashells. You might ask the crew to plan a game for the kids, while on the beach like cornhole, or choose a beach with a nearby hike.
- Shore Excursions – Need an afternoon away from the boat? Almost all top charter destinations have fun activities ashore for kids, like the swimming pigs in The Bahamas, zipline tours, or ATV excursions.
- Snorkeling – Snorkeling is one of the best ways to encounter wildlife and explore the vibrant corals, while on charter. Many yachts have snorkel gear onboard, with crew members that can serve as guides for the family.
- Hiking and Biking – A nature hike or bike ride provides kids an opportunity to stretch their legs and experience a local destination. The Baths in the British Virgin Islands, for example, are a popular family hiking destination on the beach.
- Themed Nights – Plan a themed party or dinner for the kids. Pirate parties, 80s parties, or a Harry Potter themed night are all ways you can make the charter more memorable for kids.
- Fishing – Whether you and your kids enjoy a quiet afternoon fishing off the swim platform, or you prefer a longer trip by tender, fishing can be a fun, entertaining afternoon activity.
- Sailing Lessons – A yacht charter provides a chance for curious kids to find a new hobby. If you’ll be on a sailing yacht, you can ask the crew for a sailing lesson, and give your kids a hands-on learning experience.
Top Destinations for Family Charters
Many of the world’s most desirable charter destinations are kid-friendly, and offer a plethora of activities for the whole family. Some of our favorite family-friendly destinations include:
The Caribbean is home to some of the most popular family charter destinations including:
- The Bahamas – The Bahamas offer a wide variety of kid-friendly activities, including snorkeling, iguana beaches, shelling, and numerous shoreside activities. A charter on Nassau also offers access to destination resorts like Atlantis.
- Virgin Islands – The British Virgin Islands can keep kids entertained with pirate-themed activities, horseback riding, zipline tours, and jungle hikes. It’s also a popular destination for kids interested in sailing.
The Mediterranean, which includes Italy, Spain, Greece, and France is the world’s favorite destination for summer yacht charters. A few of our favorite family-friendly spots include:
- Italy – Naturally beautiful and rich in history, Italy’s charter hotspots, including the Amalfi Coast and Sicily, are perfect for family vacations. Fun activities for kids include food festivals, pasta-making classes, fishing, water sports, and kid-friendly museums.
- Greece – Greece offers incredible weather, fabulous food, and a variety of cultural sites to explore. Kids will stay entertained at the numerous beaches, horseback riding, hiking trails, and exploring ancient ruins.
At Worldwide Boat, we provide personalized brokerage services regardless of your charter experience, by curating a customized vacation on the water and making the booking process easy and seamless. Contact a charter broker today to start planning your summer family vacation.